What is Affiliate Commission?
How Affiliate Commission Works
Affiliate commission works by providing a small referral fee or commission to a company that refers new business to pet insurance providers or other vendors. Affiliate commissions must be disclosed by the company receiving compensation for them. Many affiliate commissions do not affect the price of the customer purchasing the product. These fees are paid by the insurance company to the referrer at no additional cost to the customer.
Unlike Pawlicy Advisor, some sites’ affiliate commissions may affect the search ranking order to promote plans they will get a better kickback from. Always look for more information on this to make sure you are fully informed while researching your potential pet insurance plans. Pawlicy Advisor is unique in that all the insurance partners on our platform pay the same rate to ensure we are not financially biased to recommend one partner over another.
- Affiliate commissions are a common way for blogs, marketplaces, search engines, and other companies to receive small commissions.
- These commissions must be legally disclosed.
- Affiliate commissions may appear in the form of a coupon code.
- Affiliate commissions do not typically alter the price in any way for the consumer.
- All insurance partners in Pawlicy Advisor’s marketplace pay the same rate to ensure our recommendations are not biased toward one partner over another.