Effective February 5, 2019
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect contact information on our Site such as your email address and zip code if you choose to provide it when using the services provided through our Site, when you contact us to obtain information or support, or when you sign up to receive our newsletter ("Contact Information"). We do not collect any Contact Information from you unless you provide us with the Contact Information voluntarily (for example, by interacting with our insurance finder services or sending us an email).
In addition to the Contact Information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the "Other Information"). Such Other Information may include:
Usage Information. In an ongoing effort to improve the Site, we automatically collect certain information regarding the activity of visitors to our Site. This information includes the device from which you access the Site, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Site you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site.
From Cookies. We collect information using "cookie" technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer's or mobile device's hard drive so that your computer will "remember" information about your visit to our Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect information and to enhance your experience using the Site. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser's documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
The analytics shared with Pawlicy via the Facebook API includes, but is not limited to, views, likes, comments, posts, and clickstream data, which is automatically collected by Facebook via its clickstream data and other third party tracking tools. This also includes metadata about messages (for example date stamp, message id, hashtag name and/or id, and group name and/or id).
Below is a list of analytics providers that we use; however, such list may be subject to change based on how we wish to understand the user experience. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt-out from their analytics collection:
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING COMPANIES
Below is a list of advertising/remarketing providers that we use; however, such list may be subject to change. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt-out from certain data collection, their targeted ads or other personalization features. Please note you will not necessarily be opted-out of advertising or content generally; you may still receive generic ads or content.
For Google Adwords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
In addition, you may opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating providers by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.aboutads.info/choices for details on how to do so.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION
You authorize us to use the Contact Information and the Other Information (collectively, the "Information") to provide the Site and our services and to improve the same; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- As part of the services provided through our Site, you may be automatically redirected to the websites of certain insurance providers and/or vendors when you click certain links or buttons on the Site. By clicking "enroll," "purchase," "more information," or other buttons of that nature on the Site with regard to insurance or insurance-related products, you hereby consent to our sharing your Information, including Contact Information, with the companies offering such insurance or insurance-related products.
- We may share Information with or to other companies, who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to provide our services to you and to address your questions or requests regarding our Site, services, and/or support.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, data analytics, customer service, marketing assistance, hosting services, data storage, email management, and error tracking. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our customers and our Site, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and/or aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and services. This anonymous information does not identify you personally. We may use this anonymous information, and share and/or license it with and to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose anonymous user statistics in order to describe our services and business to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pawlicy or others.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION WITH NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES
We will not share your Contact Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you a product opportunity that requires us to share your Contact Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Contact Information when we present you with the terms of such offer. If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing, then you may: (i) choose to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
; or (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of such Contact Information to such non-affiliated third parties by contacting us at email@example.com
If you would like to opt-out of our sharing of your Contact Information with our affiliates so that such affiliates can use your Contact Information to market to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that your Information will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of any Pawlicy marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
IMPORTANT NOTICES TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
Our Site and servers are located in the U.S. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside of the U.S. and choose to use the Site, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the U.S.
, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with we may choose to opt out of our sharing your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
In addition, Pawlicy does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser "Do Not Track" settings and/or signals.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Copyright 2019 Pawlicy, Inc. All rights reserved.