Why You Can Trust Us
Unlike other platforms, Pawlicy Advisor provides objective, unbiased, data-driven advice. We also offer personalized plan recommendations based on breed-specific attributes and total cost predictions for the lifetime of your pet. See your recommended plan.
Lowest Price For Dogs
$16 / month
Lowest Price For Cats
$16 / month
Monthly Payment Processing Fee
One-Time Enrollment Fee
$100, $250, $500, or $1,000
70%, 80%, 90%, or 100%
Annual Coverage Limit
$2,500, $5,000, $10,000, $15,000 or Unlimited
Cruciate Ligament Injuries
Filing a Claim
website or mobile app
Average Claim Reimbursement
There is no one-size-fits-all pet insurance plan, but ASPCA Pet Health Insurance is a great option for many pet owners. The Complete Coverage plan features unique coverage categories that are more comprehensive than other providers on the market and wellness add-ons that may be particularly attractive to owners of new puppies or kittens. ASPCA is one of the best pet insurance companies in the industry with reimbursement rates as high as 100%, which is uncommon to find elsewhere.
- Annual deductibles as low as $100
- No Lifetime Payout Limits
- 270 days to submit a claim before expiration
- Will not raise the price of your policy for filing a claim
- Fast cash back with claims reimbursed in an average of 9 days or 30 days max
- 30-day money-back guarantee if no claims have been filed
- Discounts for multi-pet enrollment
- Coverage for microchipping without a supplemental wellness plan
- Cannot pay the vet directly
- Does not cover bilateral conditions
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1866 and one of the largest humane societies in the world with over a million members. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance policies are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company, a Crum & Forester subsidiary that has earned a trustworthy reputation in the industry since launching its operations in the 1990s. Plans are produced and administered through PTZ Insurance Agency, Ltd.
- Accidents and illnesses
- Dental disease
- Cancer treatments
- Breed-specific conditions
- Orthopedic conditions
- Alternative therapies
- Veterinary exam fees
- Pet microchipping
- Poison consultation fees
- Therapeutic diets
- Vet-recommended euthanasia
- Cremation and burial
Optional Add-On: Routine Care
What's Not Covered
- Prescription food for general health
- Cosmetic or elective procedures
- Advanced dentistry or endodontic treatments
- Obedience training or puppy classes
- Complications due to breeding, nursing, or whelping
- Lost pet advertising and reward
- Vacation cancellation costs
- Pre-existing conditions
Routine Care Add-On
ASPCA wellness plans are available in two different tiers and are designed to help pet parents cover the cost of routine care, Basic and Prime, which enables you to get reimbursed up to the following amount for each item:
Basic Preventive Care
Dental Cleaning - $100
Wellness Exam - $50
Deworming - $20
DHLPP Vaccine/Titer - $20
Rabies or Lyme Vaccine/Titer - $20
Fecal Test - $20
Heartworm Test - $20
Health Certificate - $0
Flea/Heartworm Prevention - $0
Bordetella Vaccine/Titer - $0
Blood Test - $0
Urinalysis - $0
Prime Preventative Care
Dental Cleaning or Spay/Neuter - $150
Wellness Exam - $50
Deworming - $25
DHLPP Vaccine/Titer - $25
Rabies or Lyme Vaccine/Titer - $25
Fecal Test - $25
Heartworm Test - $25
Health Certificate - $25
Flea/Heartworm Prevention - $25
Bordetella Vaccine/Titer - $25
Blood Test - $25
Urinalysis - $25
Pawlicy Advisor Tip: We recommend adding routine care for pets under age two due to the high number of wellness visits at this age. Older pets may not save money with a routine care add-on. Learn more: Are Wellness Plans Worth It ?
When you sign up for pet insurance, there is a mandatory waiting period before your insurance coverage kicks in, which varies by provider. The waiting period for ASPCA pet insurance plans is 14 days, regardless of the incident (wellness coverage starts immediately):
- Accidents, including cruciate ligament injuries: 14 days
- Illnesses, including orthopedic conditions: 14 days
See how much ASPCA Pet Insurance costs for your pet
How it Works
ASPCA Pet Insurance works at any licensed vet in the U.S. or Canada. It works by reimbursing between 70% and 100% of eligible veterinary expenses related to your pet's unexpected illness and injury (once you've met your annual deductible).
1. Visit any licensed vet, specialist, or emergency hospital you'd like with no network restrictions.
2. Pay for the veterinary services provided during your visit upfront at the time of your appointment.
3. File an ASPCA Pet Insurance claim through their app, email, phone, or fax.
4. Get reimbursed for a percentage of eligible veterinary expenses based on your selected coverage.
LEARN MORE : Pet Insurance & How It Works: A Pet Parent's Guide
How to File an ASPCA Pet Insurance Claim
- Window to File: 270 days
- Average Claim Reimbursement: 9 days
- Maximum Time for Reimbursement: 30 days
- Reimbursement Methods: direct deposit or check
The fastest way to submit an ASPCA Pet Insurance claim is online through the Member Center or by using the app on your iPhone or Android.
To submit a claim, you'll need the following information:
- Your name, address, contact information, and signature on the claim form
- A description of the condition and treatment you are claiming
- All applicable receipts, including an itemized breakdown of the fees incurred.
ASPCA Pet Insurance Cost
The cost of ASPCA Pet Insurance starts as low as $16 per month, which is a cheaper entry rate than other competitors. However, the exact price you will pay depends on your pet's breed, age, and zip code, as well as the coverage options you select. Getting a custom quote is the only way to get an accurate price estimate.
Lowest Price for dogs:
$16 / mo
Lowest Price for cats:
$16 / mo
Estimated ASPCA Pet Insurance costs are based on a sample policy featuring a $500 deductible, a 90% reimbursement rate, and a $10,000 annual coverage limit generated for pets living in Dallas, Texas.
Breed of Pet
6 Months Old
3 Years Old
10 Years Old
Domestic Shorthair Cat
Pawlicy Advisor Tip: All pet insurance policies are subject to price increases annually. Pawlicy Advisor crunches the numbers to calculate the lifetime price of a policy, then makes recommendations that will save you money over your pet's lifetime.
Discounts & Ways to Save
- Policyholders can receive a 10% discount for enrolling multiple pets
- Veterinary staff can save 10% on their base plan premium for each pet they enroll
- Pay for your policy annually to save $24 per year in monthly processing fees
ASPCA customer service is available by phone, email, or fax. They also provide easy account management through the Member Center online, where policyholders can submit and track claims, find nearby vets, enroll in direct deposit, and review benefits.
Sales Department Contact Information
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
ASCPA Customers: 1‑888‑716‑1203
Veterinary Staff Support
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Vet Staff: 1‑877‑738‑2677
- Minimum age at enrollment: 8 weeks
- Medical Review: Records are requested at the time the first claim is filed
- Valid United States address: Your pet must reside with you at the primary address you list for your insurance provider
If you want to cancel ASPCA Pet Health Insurance, you can request a next-day cancellation with a pro-rated refund depending on if you have received a claim. Cancellation may be dependent on the customer providing a 60-day notice to the insurance company.
Otherwise, the ASPCA Pet Insurance program renews policies automatically and has continuous coverage over the lifetime of a pet, so long as the pet owner does not break the rules of ASPCA's contract.
Money Back Guarantee
The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance program has a 30-day money-back guarantee if no claims are filed. Below is their official cancellation policy:
The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance program has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you want to cancel your policy, you must contact the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance program to advise of the future date the policy is to cancel. The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance program will then refund any premium already paid for any period after the last date of coverage. Policies that are not canceled will automatically renew at the end of the policy period.
ASPCA Pet Insurance Reviews
5,040 Consumer Reviews
Make sure your pet gets the best care possible
More From Pawlicy Advisor
- Is Pet Insurance Worth It? Here's a Vet’s Perspective
- Learn How To Compare & Find the Right Pet Insurance For Your Furry Family Members
- Have More Than One Pet? Save on Pet Insurance with Multi-Pet Discounts
- When Is Pet Insurance a Great Decision?
- Everything You Need to Know About Filing a Pet Insurance Claim
We are the pet insurance experts. The Pawlicy Advisor team analyzes the top pet insurance companies and the fine print in their policy details to provide you with an objective breakdown of the insurance provider, the plans they offer, and how they compare.